Tuesday, September 23, 2008

oreo truffles






ta-da! recipe here.

My first time making truffles turned out pretty good. Of course, I chose a simple recipe that you can't really F up too badly. The problem is: I don't own a double boiler or a candy thermometer. I couldn't get the right consistency when melting the chocolate for dipping. I had to mold the chocolate over the oreo cream by hand making the shell thicker. These still tasted amazing with only three ingredients. I left out the rum. But then again, the oreos themselves probably contain 50 ingredients. Recipes with the least amount of ingredients are the best!



I found this blackberry jasmine green tea at target. Each tea bag makes a whole pitcher of iced tea. I'm enjoying this right now as I'm blogging. good stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I'm so glad you liked the recipe. The easiest make-shift double boiler is to:

1. boil some water in a pot
2. put a bowl over the pot (make sure it sits on top of the pot/rests on the perimeter of the pot and it's not sitting in the water)
3. place chocolate in bowl and let it melt. Stir chocolate to make it smooth. Dump the truffles one by one to get a nice coating!

ana said...

ignorance is bliss. i would rather indulge on chocolate =) like...chocolate souffle.