Thursday, November 27, 2008

making stuff up


I've been craving some kind of baked goods since I woke up this morning. Some how I feel I should at least put something in the oven instead of buying a ready to serve pie from the market. At first, I was thinking of getting a box of pre-mixed Betty Crocker, just add milk, pop it in the oven and call it a day. But what's so hard about taking an extra step? I have the same disease with running. I'll go out for a few miles then I'll say, "what's one more?" Before I know it, I've gone from 4 to 10 miles. What's the extra mile? I have plenty of eggs and milk at home, I just needed some flour and when you're at a place like whole foods how could you settle for pre-made? I spotted some almond meal/flour and it was over from there. I attemped to make french macarons years ago and failed badly. oh! how naive! So I decided to try again and...

FAIL!!!

what mine look like....

they turned out just a tiny better than the last time I tried.

what they are supposed to look like...

picture and recipe taken from here

They tasted like thin almond cookies which is still yummy, but I was not satisfied. So I took a simple cupcake recipe, replaced butter with avocados, added valrhona cocoa, chai tea and some spices and voila! mini chocolate chai spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate to top it off.



and madeleines too cuz the mini cupcake tins were full.

no recipes for these because I literally threw stuff together.

P.S Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: