Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SF

I'm back from SF! Honestly, I wasn't very impressed. I didn't go to the places I was really looking forward to. Mostly we ate at whatever was convenient and close by at the time. My favorite place was probably the farmer's market at the ferry building. They had a blue bottle coffee cart, but I didn't care for it. I dunno what the hype is all about??? I had breakfast at Tartine Bakery because I couldn't wait 10 mins for Delfina to open. was that a mistake? The food at Tartine was just okay. The bread pudding was....good? It tasted more like egg pudding. The open faced turkey sandwhich was uninteresting. My favorite was the au lait. I guess I like drinking out of bowls. On to some pictures...




my bowl of cafe au lait
Tartine Bakery
600 Guerero St. (@18th street)
San Francisco, CA 94110

Ferry Building Farmer's Market.


This was very refreshing. It stayed cold for hours because it was frozen.


Blue Bottle Coffee
My au lait was mediocre. I've had better.





Miette Cakes
Ferry Building Marketplace
San Francisco, CA

I'm a sucker for macarons. This place is really cute and everything looks lovely. It's pricey and probably not the best macarons I've ever had, but I try to go here whenever I am in sf. I can't say much about their cakes because I've never had any, but I'm sure it's worth a try.

nothing really wowed me in SF, but I like the city in general. why have all my travels been disappointing in the food department? I'm really starting to like LA more and more.

No comments: