Thursday, October 9, 2008

Royal/T









Royal/T cafe and gallery

8910 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232

It's pricey, but their food is not bad. I tried the baked eggs with prosciutto and shitake mushrooms. Chris had the Salmon rice bowl. Portions were small for the price, but just right for my stomach. Both dishes were made well, nothing spectacular but worth going back to for the art. I also tried their Royal milk tea. Again, nothing spectacular but I liked that it wasn't sweet and I could add my own sugar. The maid waitresses didn't do anything for me. Actually, I wish they didn't dress that way. I understand the concept, I just don't think it made my experience any better. The place still feels like a work in progress. Service is slow, but what's the rush? As for the gallery space, it's fairly big. It feels like a nice open space, nothing confusing or confining. That worked for me.

1 comment:

J. Lee said...

Lu, you have to stop finding these places in West LA! What about the east side?!?! West LA is too far...too far...